- Brand new, in the retail packaging
- Control your USB thumb drive from the factory radio
- Songs can be stored on USB drive in MP3, WMA or AAC format
- No sound quality loss thanks to 18 bit processing (Higher than CD quality!)
- Displays Artist, Album and Song text from the USB drive on capable radios
- Supports FAT 16/32 file system
- Compatible with Android devices (like the Galaxy S, etc)
- Allows control, charging and playback of music
- Requires use of the USB cable that came with your device
- Requires free AALinQ App download from Google App Market
- Included USB to micro-USB cable allows direct connection of your device
- Included 3.5mm auxiliary cable allows connection of mp3 player, etc
- Direct connection (No FM modulator or cassette adapter required)
- Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
- Radio MUST have remote CD Changer controls (Usually have DISC buttons)
- Not compatible with remote factory CD changer (must be disconnected)
- Not compatible with factory satellite radio (must be disconnected)
- Not compatible with factory Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) DVD system
- Compatible with or without factory navigation radio (Unless noted below)
- Your vehicle must also appear on the Application List below
- See the Application List below for additional compatibility concerns
- Grom part number AND2-MAZ (aka MAZN2)
- 1 year manufacturer limited warranty
- We're an authorized Grom Audio dealer (Ensures you get a valid warranty.)
This USB Android interface by Grom Audio is a state of the art product that connects to the proprietary auxiliary input port (normally used for CD Changers and/or satellite radio) on the back of your factory radio. It allows you to directly connect your USB thumb drive, Android device or other audio source to the factory stereo. The included USB to micro-USB cable that connects to your device is 3 feet long, so you'll have plenty of routing options. Use with a USB thumb drive will require you to plug it directly in the interface or use your own USB extension cable. We recommend the UNAI-UF3F-WC from our website.
If you have an Android
phone or tablet, you can use this interface to play music from it through the car radio. Song title, artist and album will display on the radio. You will also have some limited controls from the radio and/or the steering wheel controls. In addition, it will charge the device. You will have to download the free AALinQ App from the Google Play App Market to utilize this feature. You will also need a USB cable to connect the phone to the interface. PLEASE NOTE: this is for playback of music only. Calling features are not supported unless you purchase the Bluetooth kit that is optional. We HIGHLY recommend you visit the manufacturer's website if you have questions regarding the Android interface features.
Grom 35MDN cable (our part number GA35CBL) allows you to add any external device with an audio output in the form of a 3.5mm stereo-mini headphone jack. (This includes, but is not limited to: mp3 players, satellite radio, CD changers, DVD players, video game systems, etc). This will allow you to listen to the output from that device through your car speakers. The Aux cable has a proprietary Grom connector on the end that plugs into the interface, so you do need to use this Grom cable if you wish to add add Aux.
This product works in remote CD Changer mode. If you have remote CD
changer control capability, you can use this product but your remote CD
changer (separate from the radio) would have to be disconnected, if so
equipped. Remote changer capability is usually indicated by the existence of buttons that say DISC^ and DISCv.
We recommend you contact tech support for the manufacturer
or visit the gromaudio website to determine
exactly how it's going to function in your vehicle with your options.
You may have to follow certain naming conventions for folders and tracks
you place on the USB drive in order for them to be recognized properly.
We recommend you visit the GromAudio website or contact their tech
support if you have additional questions about
capabilities and functionality. We're an authorized retailer but
they're the manufacturer, so they're in the best position to advertise
capabilities and functionality. Among other things, they have a
Support/FAQ link on their site that contains useful information.
Included with this package:
- AND2 Interface module (GROM-AND2 from picture above)
- Cable to connect USB thumb drive to interface (USB Cable from above)
- Harness to connect interface to factory radio ('Vehicle Cable' from diagram above)
- Connection and operation manual
- Mazda 3: 2003-2008 (Except radios with MP3 or Folder labeling)
- Mazda 5: 2005-2008
- Mazda 6: 2003-2008 (2004 may require soldering inside radio)
- Mazda CX-7: 2007-2008 (without navigation)
- Mazda CX-9: 2007-2008 (without navigation)Mazda Miata MX-5: 2002-2008
- Mazda MPV: 2002-2008
- Mazda Protege: 2002-2003
- Mazda RX-8: 2004-2008 (radio firmware v9.55 or later only, except v10.1 & v9.81)
- Mazda Tribute: 2002-2006
Grom has several products with similar features. This
listing is for their AND2. See the following chart for a comparison of
features. Please note: items listed as optional are not included in
this listing unless specifically indicated elsewhere in this ad.
Optional does not mean they can be added at no cost. Optional items
are extra-cost items. (Unless specifically listed as being included
elsewhere in this ad.)