- Brand new, in the retail packaging
- Control your USB thumb drive from the factory radio
- Songs can be stored on USB drive in MP3, WMA or AAC format
- No sound quality loss thanks to 18 bit processing (Higher than CD quality!)
- Displays Artist, Album and Song text from the USB drive on capable radios
- Supports FAT 16/32 file system
- USB cable is 3 feet long to allow for multiple routing options
- Compatible with Apple iPod or iPhone through USB connection
- Allows control, charging and playback of music
- Requires use of the USB cable that came with your Apple device
- Compatible with Android devices (like the Galaxy S, etc)
- Allows control, charging and playback of music
- Requires use of the USB cable that came with your device
- Requires free AALinQ App download from Google App Market
- Direct connection (No FM modulator or cassette adapter required)
- Has 2 extra inputs so you can add another device (See OPTIONAL CABLE section)
- Add an optional auxiliary input with a 3.5mm headphone jack ...AND/OR...
- Add an optional Bluetooth phone and streaming music kit
- Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
- Radio MUST have remote CD Changer controls (Usually have DISC buttons)
- Not compatible with remote factory CD changer (must be disconnected)
- Not compatible with factory satellite radio (must be disconnected)
- Not compatible with factory Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) DVD system
- Compatible with or without factory navigation radio (Unless noted below)
- Your vehicle must also appear on the Application List below
- See the Application List below for additional compatibility concerns
- Grom part number USB3-MAZ (aka MAZU3)
- 1 year manufacturer limited warranty
- We're an authorized Grom Audio dealer (Ensures you get a valid warranty.)
This USB Interface by Grom Audio is a state of the art product that allows you to directly connect your USB thumb drive through the auxiliary input port (normally used for CD Changers and/or satellite radio) of your factory radio. (See more details below.) The cable that connects this to your radio is a T-harness, so it has a plug to allow you, in most cases, to retain a factory auxiliary input currently connected to the radio. The cable that connects to your USB drive is 3 feet long, so you'll have plenty of routing options.
If you have an Android
phone or tablet, you can use this interface to play music from it through the car radio. Song title, artist and album will display on the radio. You will also have some limited controls from the radio and/or the steering wheel controls. In addition, it will charge the device. You will have to download the free AALinQ App from the Google Play App Market to utilize this feature. You will also need a USB cable to connect the phone to the interface. PLEASE NOTE: this is for playback of music only. Calling features are not supported unless you purchase the Bluetooth kit that is optional. We HIGHLY recommend you visit the manufacturer's website if you have questions regarding the Android interface features.
If you have an Apple
iPod or iPhone, you can use this interface to play music from it through the car radio. You will also have some limited controls from the radio and/or the steering wheel controls. In addition, it will charge the device. You will need the OEM Apple USB cable to connect your Apple product to the interface. PLEASE NOTE: this is for playback of music only. Calling features are not supported unless you purchase the Bluetooth kit that is optional. We HIGHLY recommend you visit the manufacturer's website if you have questions regarding iPod interface features.
This product works in remote CD Changer mode. If you have remote CD
changer control capability, you can use this product but your remote CD
changer (separate from the radio) would have to be disconnected, if so
equipped. Remote changer capability is usually indicated by the existence of buttons that say DISC^ and DISCv.
We recommend you contact tech support for the manufacturer
or visit the gromaudio website to determine
exactly how it's going to function in your vehicle with your options.
You may have to follow certain naming conventions for folders and tracks
you place on the USB drive in order for them to be recognized properly.
We recommend you visit the GromAudio website or contact their tech
support if you have additional questions about
capabilities and functionality. We're an authorized retailer but
they're the manufacturer, so they're in the best position to advertise
capabilities and functionality. Among other things, they have a
Support/FAQ link on their site that contains useful information.
OPTIONAL CABLE INFORMATION
Unlike some competitor's products, this interface includes TWO extra input ports so you
can add up to two other devices with the use of additional, optional cables. These cables are available as upgrades at the bottom of this ad:
We recommend you visit the gromaudio website (and/or contact tech support) to determine exactly how it's going to function in your vehicle with your options.
- If you purchase the Bluetooth kit (available in the UPGRADES section below), you can connect a Bluetooth enabled cell phone (iPhone, Android or regular) that supports HFP (Hands Free Profiles) and listen to the conversation over your car speakers, while speaking through the microphone that comes with the Bluetooth kit. You can also use it to stream music from your phone wirelessly if your phone supports A2DP. What's more, you can control the music on your phone from your radio and/or steering wheel controls using AVRCP wireless audio controls. The Bluetooth kit is specific to the Grom interface, so you do have to buy the Grom version if you want Bluetooth.
- If you purchase the optional GA35CBL (available in the UPGRADES section below), you can add any external device that has audio output in the form of a 3.5mm stereo-mini headphone jack. (This includes, but is not limited
to: mp3 players, satellite radio, CD changers, DVD players, video game
systems, etc). This will allow you to listen to the output from that
device through your car speakers. The Aux cable has a proprietary Grom connector on the end that plugs into the interface, so you do need to use the Grom cable if you wish to add add Aux.
Included with this package:
Optional items (not included, but available in UPGRADES section below):
- USB3 Interface module (GROM-USB3 from picture above)
- Cable to connect USB thumb drive to interface (USB Cable from above)
- Harness to connect interface to factory radio ('Vehicle Cable' from diagram above)
- Cable to connect an aux audio source to interface module via 3.5 headphone or RCA (GA35CBL)
- Bluetooth Extension Dongle Kit (GA-BTD)
Compatible with the following Apple products (with your Apple USB cable):
A brief demonstration on YouTube:
- Mazda 3: 2003-2008 (Except radios with MP3 or Folder labeling)
- Mazda 5: 2005-2008
- Mazda 6: 2003-2008 (2004 may require soldering inside radio)
- Mazda CX-7: 2007-2008 (without navigation)
- Mazda CX-9: 2007-2008 (without navigation)Mazda Miata MX-5: 2002-2008
- Mazda MPV: 2002-2008
- Mazda Protege: 2002-2003
- Mazda RX-8: 2004-2008 (radio firmware v9.55 or later only, except v10.1 & v9.81)
- Mazda Tribute: 2002-2006