- Brand new, in the retail packaging
- Control your USB thumb drive from the factory radio
- Songs can be stored on USB drive in MP3, WMA or AAC format
- No sound quality loss thanks to 18 bit processing (Higher than CD quality!)
- Displays Artist, Album and Song text from the USB drive on capable radios
- Supports FAT 16/32 file system
- USB cable is 3 feet long to allow for multiple routing options
- Compatible with Apple iPod or iPhone through USB connection
- Allows control, charging and playback of music
- Requires use of the USB cable that came with your Apple device
- Compatible with Android devices (Galaxy, G3, Droid, etc)
- Allows control, charging and playback of music
- Requires use of the USB cable that came with your device
- Requires free AALinQ App download from Google App Market
- Direct connection (No FM modulator or cassette adapter required)
- Has 2 extra inputs so you can add another device (See OPTIONAL CABLE section)
- Add an optional auxiliary input with a 3.5mm headphone jack ...AND/OR...
- Add an optional Bluetooth phone and streaming music kit
- Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
- Not compatible with remote factory CD changer (Must be disconnected)
- Not compatible with Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) DVD system
- Not compatible with radios with CD Changer built in
- Your radio must have remote CD Changer controls
- Your vehicle must also appear on the Application List below
- 1 year manufacturer limited warranty
- We're an authorized Grom Audio dealer (Ensures you get a valid warranty.)
- Grom model number USB3-MBUSD (aka MBUSDU3)
This USB Interface by Grom Audio is a state of the art product that allows you to directly connect your USB thumb drive through the auxiliary input port (normally used for CD Changers) of your factory radio. (See more details below.) The cable that connects to your USB drive is 3 feet long, so you'll have plenty of routing options.
If you have an Android
phone or tablet, you can use this interface to play music from it through the car radio. Song title, artist and album will display on the radio. You will also have some limited controls from the radio and/or the steering wheel controls. In addition, it will charge the device. You will have to download the free AALinQ App from the Google Play App Market to utilize this feature. You will also need a USB cable to connect the phone to the interface. PLEASE NOTE: this is for playback of music only. Calling features are not supported unless you purchase the Bluetooth kit that is optional. We HIGHLY recommend you visit the manufacturer's website if you have questions regarding the Android interface features.
If you have an Apple
iPod or iPhone, you can use this interface to play music from it through the car radio. You will also have some limited controls from the radio and/or the steering wheel controls. In addition, it will charge the device. You will need the OEM Apple USB cable to connect your Apple product to the interface. PLEASE NOTE: this is for playback of music only. Calling features are not supported unless you purchase the Bluetooth kit that is optional. We HIGHLY recommend you visit the manufacturer's website if you have questions regarding iPod interface features.
This product operates in remote CD Changer mode. Your radio must be capable of controlling a remote CD Changer AND be on the Application or Compatibility List in this ad. Your remote CD changer (separate from the radio) would have to be disconnected, if so equipped. It should be noted that there will be no text or numerical display since CD Changer communication doesn't allow it. We recommend you contact tech support for the manufacturer (email@example.com) or visit the gromaudio.com website to determine exactly how it's going to function in your vehicle with your options.
You have to follow certain naming conventions for
folders and tracks you place on the USB drive in order for them to be
recognized properly. We recommend you visit the GromAudio.com website
if you have
additional questions about capabilities and functionality. We're an
authorized retailer but they're the manufacturer, so they're in the best
position to advertise capabilities and functionality. Among other
things, they have a Support/FAQ link on their site that contains useful
OPTIONAL CABLE INFORMATION
Unlike some competitor's products, this interface includes TWO extra input ports so you
can add up to two other devices with the use of additional, optional cables. These cables are available as upgrades at the bottom of this ad.
We recommend you visit the gromaudio website (and/or contact tech support) to determine exactly how it's going to function in your vehicle with your options.
- If you purchase the Bluetooth kit (available in the UPGRADES section below), you can connect a Bluetooth enabled cell phone (iPhone, Android or regular) that supports HFP (Hands Free Profiles) and listen to the conversation over your car speakers, while speaking through the microphone that comes with the Bluetooth kit. You can also use it to stream music from your phone wirelessly if your phone supports A2DP. What's more, you can control the music on your phone from your radio and/or steering wheel controls using AVRCP wireless audio controls. The Bluetooth kit is specific to the Grom interface, so you do have to buy the Grom version if you want Bluetooth.
- If you purchase the optional GA35CBL (available in the UPGRADES section below), you can add any external device that has audio output in the form of a 3.5mm stereo-mini headphone jack. (This includes, but is not limited
to: mp3 players, satellite radio, CD changers, DVD players, video game
systems, etc). This will allow you to listen to the output from that
device through your car speakers. The Aux cable has a proprietary Grom connector on the end that plugs into the interface, so you do need to use the Grom cable if you wish to add add Aux.
Included with this package:
Optional items (not included, but available in UPGRADES section below):
- USB3 Interface module (GROM-USB from picture above)
- Cable to connect USB thumb drive to interface (USB Cable from above)
- Harness to connect interface to factory radio ('Vehicle Cable' from diagram above)
- Cable to connect an aux audio source to interface module via 3.5 headphone or RCA (GA35CBL)
- Bluetooth Extension Dongle Kit (GA-BTD)
Compatible with the following Apple products (with your Apple USB cable):
It is compatible in the following vehicles provided your radio has remote CD Changer control capability and you do not have a CD Changer built in the radio. See notes in SUMMARY above and next to applications below for additional considerations.
- Acura CL: 1997-1998
- Acura NSX: 1991-2005
- Acura SLX: 1996-1998
- Acura Integra: 1992-1998
- Acura Legend: 1992-1995
- Acura TL: 1996-1998
- Acura Vigor: 1992-1994
- Honda Accord: 1992-1997
- Honda Civic: 1992-1998
- Honda Civic del Sol: 1993-1997
- Honda CR-V: 1997-1998
- Honda EV Plus: 1998-1998
- Honda Odyssey: 1995-1998
- Honda Passport: 1994-1998
- Honda Prelude: 1992-1998
Grom has several products with similar features. This
listing is for their USB3. See the following chart for a comparison of
features. Please note: items listed as optional are not included in
this listing unless specifically indicated elsewhere in this ad.
Optional does not mean they can be added at no cost. Optional items
are extra-cost items. (Unless specifically listed as being included
elsewhere in this ad.)