- Brand new in the retail packaging
- Allows for control of the iPod from the factory radio OR the iPod
- Allows for track selection and FFWD/RRWD from the radio
- Charges the ipod while it's connected (*** Unless noted below)
- Connects to the proprietary iPod 'docking' port for digital sound quality
- Includes the PXDP 'brain' AND vehicle specific cable PXHFD2 (Do other sellers include both?)
- Includes 12 foot iPod cable (Allows for a multitude of routing options)
- Not compatible with remote CD Changer (Must be disconnected)
- Radio must be capable of controlling a remote (separate from radio) CD Changer
- FAR superior to RF modulated (antenna) and cassette adapter devices
- Connection of power and ground wires will be required
- 1 year warranty
- We are an authorized Peripheral dealer (Which ensures you get a valid warranty)
This BRAND NEW PXDP and PXHFD2 digital iPod interface package from Peripheral allows you to interface and control an iPod using the CD changer control functionality of your factory cassette. On one end, it plugs into the auxiliary input on the back of your factory radio and, on the other, it provides the proprietary iPod 'docking port' input. Connection of a power and ground wire will be required.
A direct connection is FAR superior to the sound quality you get using an RF modulator OR cassette adapter device. A connection using the proprietary iPod connector is also superior to cheaper devices that connect through the headphone jack because it retains digital sound quality.
It also allows you to control iPod functions from the radio, which the cheapo adapters cannot do. This is done by replicating the CD Changer functionality. Tracks are displayed numerically on the radio, like a track on a CD. It will not display text. The radios in these vehicles aren't capable of displaying text. It will charge your iPod while connected though.
This is for 1995+ Ford, Lincoln and Mercury cassette radios with CD Changer controls. Some vehicles on this list had multiple plug styles offered. If you have 20-pin and 16-pin plugs, this won't work for you. Even if your application is on the list.
Use of this device will require you to disconnect any remote device that is currently connected to your factory CD Changer plug.
Compatible with the following Apple products with the 30-pin cable:
- 1995 Ford Crown Vic
- 1995 Ford Explorer
- 1995 Ford Ranger
- 1995 Ford Truck (Fullsize)
- 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII
- 1995 Lincoln Town Car
- 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1995 Mercury Mountaineer
- 1996 Ford Crown Vic
- 1996 Ford Explorer
- 1996 Ford Ranger
- 1996 Ford Truck (Fullsize)
- 1996 Lincoln Continental
- 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII
- 1996 Lincoln Town Car
- 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1996 Mercury Mountaineer
- 1997 Ford Crown Vic
- 1997 Ford Econoline
- 1997 Ford Escort
- 1997 Ford Expedition
- 1997 Ford Explorer
- 1997 Ford Ranger
- 1997 Ford Truck (Fullsize)
- 1997 Lincoln Continental
- 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII
- 1997 Lincoln Navigator
- 1997 Lincoln Town Car
- 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
- 1997 Mercury Mountaineer
- 1998 Ford Escort
- 1998 Ford Expedition *
- 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
- 1998 Lincoln Navigator *
- 1998 Lincoln Town Car *
- 1999 Ford Escort
- 2000 Ford Escort
- 2001 Ford Escort
- 2002 Ford Escort
- 2003 Ford Escort
- 2004 Ford Escort
* Some 1998 models had different plugs. If you have a 16-pin and 20-pin plugs, this isn't the right interface for you.
** Not all Ford radios had the changer port. If you do not have CD changer control capability, you cannot use this product.
NOTE: For proper operation of this product, the factory CD changer, if present, will need to be disconnected from the factory harness.