This BRAND NEW Peripheral PXDX PXHGM1 auxiliary input adapter allows you to interface an external audio source with your factory radio. On one end, it plugs into the 9-pin auxiliary input on the back of your factory radio and, on the other, it provides RCA inputs AND, unlike some other input adapters, a stereo mini jack. (You can use either the RCAs OR the stereo mini jack but not both at the same time.) Use this device to add a non-factory CD changer, an MP3 player (like an iPod), CD changer, satellite radio, DVD audio, etc.
A direct connection is FAR superior to the sound quality you get using an RF modulator OR cassette adapter device. Left and right female RCA inputs OR a 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack are utilized for true stereo sound. Plug it right into the headphone jack of any device for true convenience!
** This is for 1995+ GM radios with the 20 and 9 pin plugs on the back. Further, the radio MUST be capable of controlling a remote CD player. (Single CD or CD changer.) Many GM radios have the 9-pin plug but that does NOT mean the radio is capable of controlling a remote CD player. A remote cassette player is NOT the same as a remote CD player and does NOT automatically mean you will be able to use this product. Most GM AM/FM/CD radios prior to 2001 (except some Corvette, Camaro Monsoon, Firebird Monsoon, S10 and Blazer applications) do NOT have CD Changer control capability. Prior to 2001, it was usually just some of the am/fm/cassette radios that had CD Changer controls. Please do your research BEFORE buying.
Use of this device will require you to disconnect any remote device that is currently connected to your 9-pin port.
A one year warranty is included with your purchase.
This works in the following applications, but only for radios that have the 9-pin auxiliary plug on the back and are capable of controlling a remote CD player. This does not mean it will work for you just because your vehicle is on the list or just because your vehicle has a 9-pin connection. You MUST make sure your radio has the plug AND is remote CD control capable. Most GM AM/FM/CD radios prior to 2001 (except some Corvette and some Firebird Monsoon applications) do NOT have CD Changer control capability. Prior to 2001, it was usually just some am/fm/cassette radios that had CD Changer controls.
- Cadillac Escalade: 1999-2002
- Chevrolet Astro Van: 1996-2005
- Chevrolet Avalanche: 2002
- Chevrolet Blazer (S10): 1998-2002 (^Except some 2002 models)
- Chevrolet Camaro: 1997-2002
- Chevrolet Caprice: 1995-1996
- Chevrolet Cavalier: 1996-1999
- Chevrolet Express Van: 1996-2000
- Chevrolet Impala: 1995-1996
- Chevrolet Lumina: 1995-2001
- Chevrolet Malibu: 1997-2000 (Classic only for 2000)
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo:1995-1999
- Chevrolet S10 Truck: 1998-2002 (^Except some 2002 models)
- Chevrolet Silverado/Truck: 1995-2002
- Chevrolet Suburban: 1995-2002
- Chevrolet Tahoe: 1995-2002
- Chevrolet Venture: 1997-1999
- GMC Jimmy (S15): 1998-2002 (^Except some 2002 models)
- GMC Safari Van: 1996-2005
- GMC Savana Van: 1996-2000
- GMC Sonoma (S15) Truck: 1998-2002 (^Except some 2002 models)
- GMC Sierra/Truck: 1995-2002
- GMC Suburban: 1995-2002
- GMC Yukon: 1995-2002
- Isuzu Hombre: 1998
- Pontiac Bonneville: 1996-1999 (Some cassette radios only)
- Pontiac Firebird/TA: 1996-2002
- Pontiac Grand Am: 1996-1999 (Some cassette radios only)
- Pontiac Grand Prix: 1996-2003 (Some cassette radios only)
- Pontiac Montana: 1998-1999 (Some cassette radios only)
- Pontiac Sunfire: 1996-1999 (Some cassette radios only)
- Pontiac Trans Sport: 1997-1999
- Oldsmobile Silhouette: 1997-1999
^ Some 2002 models marked with this symbol used the newer 24 pin plugs. This interface is not compatible with the new plugs. The changer plug was different.
Theftlock may be activated if you unplug your 20-pin plug. Removal of that plug is not required for installation of this product so we recommend you leave it alone.