- Brand new in the retail packaging
- Allows for control of the iPod from the factory radio OR the iPod
- Allows for track selection and FFWD/RRWD from the radio
- Charges the ipod while it's connected (*** Unless noted below)
- Compatible with most iPods (See list below)
- Connects to the proprietary iPod 'docking' port for digital sound quality
- Includes the PXDP 'brain' AND vehicle specific cable PXHGM2 (Do other sellers include both?)
- Includes 12 foot iPod cable (Allows for a multitude of routing options)
- Not compatible with remote devices (separate from radio) like CD, cassette, CD Changer, etc (Must be disconnected)
- Compatible with most iPods (see list below)
- Factory radio MUST have remote CD Changer controls **
- Vehicle MUST have a remote CD Changer OR be wired for one
- FAR superior to RF modulated (antenna) and cassette adapter devices
- We are an authorized Peripheral dealer (Which ensures you get a valid warranty)
This BRAND NEW PXDP and PXHGM2 digital iPod interface package from Peripheral allows you to interface and control an iPod with your factory radio. On one end, it plugs into the changer cable in your trunk and, on the other, it provides the proprietary iPod 'docking port' input. You will have to disconnect the changer to use this product.
A direct connection is FAR superior to the sound quality you get using an RF modulator OR cassette adapter device. A connection using the proprietary iPod connector is also superior to cheaper devices that connect through the headphone jack because it retains digital sound quality. It also allows you to control iPod functions from the radio, which the cheapo adapters cannot do. This is done by replicating the CD Changer functionality. These radios do not have the ability to display text. Consequently, tracks are displayed numerically on the radio, like a track on a CD.
** You cannot use this device if your radio does not have CD Changer controls and CD Changer wiring. Many am/fm/cd radios in 1995-2000 (except Corvette) do NOT have CD Changer controls. If you have a CD Changer, you have the wiring. (You will have to disconnect the changer though.) Some other vehicles on the list had the wiring, even if the changer was not present. It is up to YOU to determine this BEFORE ordering because returns are not accepted for open items.
Use of this device may require you to disconnect any remote device that is currently connected to your radio.
Compatible with the following Apple products with the 30-pin cable:
- Cadillac Catera: 2001
- Cadillac Deville: 1995-2003
- Cadillac El Dorado: 1995-2002
- Cadillac Fleetwood: 1996-1999
- Cadillac Seville: 1995-2004
- Chevrolet Corvette: 1997-2004
- Oldsmobile 88: 1995-1999
- Oldsmobile 98: 1995-1996
- Oldsmobile Alero: 1999-2000
- Oldsmobile Aurora: 1995-2004
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais: 1997-1999
- Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme: 1995-1999
- Oldsmobile Intrigue: 1998-2002
- Oldsmobile LSS: 1996-1999
- Oldsmobile Regency: 1997-1998
- Oldsmobile Silhouette: 1996-1999
- Pontiac Bonneville: 2000-2005
This plugs in at the changer location in the trunk. Your vehicle must be pre-wired with the changer cable. (You will have to disconnect the changer to use this product.) If you have a Corvette and would like to plug in behind the radio instead, that is the PXHGM4 harness. There is a separate listing for that cable and the PXDP interface. You lose the changer either way though.