- Brand new
- Allows you to stream audio wirelessly from your Bluetooth device
- Play audio from your favorite app or native music player
- Uses the Bluetooth standard: A2DP
- Compatible with Android, Apple and Windows Bluetooth devices
- Includes a 30-pin iPod cable for direct connection of some iPods/iPhones/iPads
- Plug and play (Unlike other kits, there's no splicing required)
- Pair it once and it's ready to use!
- Bluetooth receiver gets it's power from the radio (Does not need charged)
- Can be mounted out of sight under dash
- Cable is 10' long to allow for multiple receiver mounting locations
- Plug and Play. No splicing required.
- Bluetooth transmission range is 10'
- Control of songs (other than volume) is done from phone/device
- An optional wireless remote is available in UPGRADES below
- Compatible with factory radios only (Not aftermarket)
- Connects via factory plug on back of the radio (The best possible connection)
- No FM modulator or cassette adapter required
- Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
- Not compatible with remote factory CD changer (Must be disconnected)
- Compatible with or without premium sound system (JBL/etc)
- Radio must be remote CD Changer capable
- Requires connecting a power and ground
- Vehicle must be equipped with an RCU (See details below)
- Not compatible if you have digital auto climate controls
- 90 day warranty on Bluetooth receiver
- 1 year warranty on all other parts
This kit will allow Bluetooth music streaming from any Android or Apple
device through select Ford, Lincoln and Mercury factory radios. This device connects to the factory plug at your RCU (Radio Control Unit). It uses the plug normally reserved for a remote CD changer. A direct connection is FAR
superior to the sound quality you get using an RF modulator OR cassette adapter device.
This kit terminates with a mini Bluetooth streaming audio receiver.
(Appearance may vary slightly from picture.) There are additional
connections in between that allow the device to be more versatile and
permit you to replace a single component should you have a problem down
the road or need to move it to another vehicle, rather than buying a
whole new kit.
Just make all the connections (they are obvious and
unique), pair your device to the Bluetooth receiver, hit the AUX button
on your radio and you're wired for sound! Please note that you may have to adjust the volume on your phone/device initially in order to get the volume to an equivalent level to your regular radio output. You control the music from your device/phone unless you add the optional mini wireless Bluetooth remote control from the UPGRADES section below. It connects to your phone/device as a wireless keyboard and let's you perform basic control functions like track forward and back.
** You cannot use this device if your radio does not have CD Changer
controls. Use of this device will require you to disconnect any remote device that is currently connected to your radio.
This is for radios with RCU (radio control unit) ONLY! Not every vehicle on the list will use this set-up because not every vehicle had an RCU for every sound system offered. The RCU is common in the 1997-2007 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable. (However, it is not compatible if you have auto climate controls.) For other vehicles on the list, you will need to check if you have an RCU, determine if it has the plug pictured and confirm your radio is capable of controlling a CD Changer. The included harness plugs in at the remote unit location (in the trunk for Taurus and Sable) and utilizes the connection normally reserved for the factory CD Changer. Consequently, if you have a CD Changer in the vehicle, you will lose it. A power and ground connection will be required.
Included with this package:
- Interface module
- Cable to connect 30-pin iPod to interface
- Mini Bluetooth receiver with 30-pin connection
- Harness to connect interface behind factory radio
- Operation and connection instructions
Compatible with all Android products with Bluetooth:
Compatible with these Apple products if connected via Bluetooth:
Compatible with these Apple products if connected via 30-pin cable:
This is compatible in many of the following vehicles, as long as you meet the requirements listed above and
are not excluded by any of the notes below the applications, if your application is marked with one or more of them.
- Ford Crown Victoria: 1995-1997
- Ford Taurus: 1996-2007 (without auto climate controls)
- Lincoln Continental: 1995-1997
- Lincoln Town Car: 1995-1997
- Mercury Grand Marquis: 1995-1997
- Mercury Sable: 1996-2007 (without auto climate controls)
NOTE: For proper operation of this product, the factory CD changer, if present, will need to be disconnected from the factory harness.