- Brand new in the retail packaging
- Allows for control of the iPod from the factory radio OR the iPod
- Allows for track selection and FFWD/RRWD from the radio
- Charges the ipod while it's connected (*** Unless noted below)
- Connects to the proprietary iPod 'docking' port for digital sound quality
- Includes the PXDP 'brain' AND vehicle specific cable PXHFD1 (Do other sellers include both?)
- A Bluetooth music receiver is optional (See DETAILS)
- Includes 6 foot iPod cable (Allows for a multitude of routing options)
- Not compatible with remote devices (separate from radio) like CD Changer, DVD player, satellite radio, etc (Must be disconnected)
- Radio must be capable of controlling a remote (separate from radio) CD Changer
- FAR superior to RF modulated (antenna) and cassette adapter devices
- Requires connecting a power and ground
- Vehicle must be equipped with an RCU (See details below)
- We are an authorized Peripheral dealer (Which ensures you get a valid warranty)
- 1 year warranty
This BRAND NEW PXDP and PXHFD1 digital iPod interface package from Peripheral allows you to interface and control an iPod using the CD changer control functionality of your factory radio.
When direct connected to a 30-pin iPod, this device also allows you to control some basic iPod functions from the radio, which the cheapo adapters cannot do. This is done by replicating the CD Changer functionality. Tracks are displayed numerically on the radio, like a track on a CD.
A direct connection is FAR superior to the sound quality you get using an RF modulator OR cassette adapter device. A connection using the proprietary iPod connector is also superior to cheaper devices that connect through the headphone jack because it retains digital sound quality. However, if you're interested in Bluetooth because of the convenience, you can add an optional music receiver to the end of the iPod cable that will convert the device into a streaming music player. Then you can use Bluetooth to stream audio from Android or Apple devices! You can add the optional Bluetooth receiver in the OPTIONS section below. Just choose it from the drop-down.
This is for radios with RCU (remote controller unit) ONLY! Not every vehicle on the list will use this set-up because not every vehicle used an RCU for every sound system offered. The RCU is common in the 1997-2007 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable. (However, it is not compatible if you have auto climate controls.) For other vehicles on the list, you will need to check if you have an RCU, determine if it has the plug pictured and confirm your radio is capable of controlling a CD Changer. The included harness plugs in at the remote unit location (in the trunk for Taurus and Sable) and utilizes the connection normally reserved for the factory CD Changer. Consequently, if you have a CD Changer in the vehicle, you will lose it. A power and ground connection will be required.
Compatible with the following Apple products with the 30-pin cable:
- Ford Crown Victoria: 1995-1997
- Ford Taurus: 1996-2007
- Lincoln Continental: 1995-1997
- Lincoln Town Car: 1995-1997
- Mercury Grand Marquis: 1995-1997
- Mercury Sable: 1996-2007
NOTE: For proper operation of this product, the factory CD changer, if present, will need to be disconnected from the factory harness.