The Peripheral PXDX & PXHCH3 Chrysler auxiliary (aux) audio input adapter package allows you to interface an external audio source with your factory radio. On one end, it plugs into the 10-pin auxiliary plug (normally used for a CD changer) and, on the other, it provides RCA inputs OR a stereo mini jack (headphone). Use it to add a non-factory CD changer, an MP3 player (like an iPod or Zune), satellite radio, DVD audio, etc. A direct connection is far superior to the sound quality you get using a cheap RF modulated (antenna) or cassette adapter device.
This is for radios that started appearing in 2002 and have square 22 and 10-pin connections on the back. (This plugs in the 10-pin port.) Your radio must be capable of controlling a remote CD Changer (Preset #1 must be labeled with "DISC ^".) Any device currently plugged into the 10-pin auxiliary input (CD Changer, DVD player, satellite radio, etc) will need to be disconnected for use of this product.
Steering wheel controls will operate volume for this device. You will also be able to control volume from the radio. This device does NOT display text on your radio. No auxiliary inputs do. They are, by definition, audio inputs. That's sound only.
This is not compatible with RBQ (CD6), RB1 (nav) or RB4 (nav) radios because they do not support a remote CD Changer, in most cases.
- Chrysler 300M: 2002*-2004
- Chrysler Concorde: 2002*-2004
- Chrysler LHS: 2002*-2004
- Chrysler Pacifica: 2004-2008
- Chrysler PT Cruiser: 2002*-2005
- Chrysler Sebring sedan: 2002*-2005
- Chrysler Sebring convertible: 2002*-2006
- Chrysler Town & Country: 2002*-2007
- Dodge Caravan (+Grand): 2002*-2007
- Dodge Dakota: 2002*-2004
- Dodge Durango: 2002*-2004
- Dodge Intrepid: 2002*-2004
- Dodge Neon: 2002*-2006
- Dodge Truck (Ram Fullsize): 2002*-2005
- Dodge Stratus Sedan: 2002*-2006
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: 2002*-2004
- Jeep Liberty: 2002*-2007
- Jeep Wrangler: 2003-2005
For proper operation of this product, the factory CD changer, if present, will need to be disconnected from the factory harness. This is not compatible with the RBQ, RB4 and some RB1 radios since they do not have CD changer controls.