- Brand new, in the retail packaging
- Compatible with Apple iPod or iPhone through USB connection
- Allows control, charging and playback of music
- Requires use of the USB cable that came with your Apple device
- Compatible with Android devices (like the Galaxy S, etc)
- Allows control, charging and playback of music
- Requires use of the USB cable that came with your device
- Requires free AALinQ App download from Google App Market
- USB cable is 3 feet long to allow for multiple routing options
- Direct connection (No FM modulator or cassette adapter required)
- Has 2 extra inputs so you can add another device (See OPTIONAL CABLE section)
- Add an optional auxiliary input with a 3.5mm headphone jack ...AND/OR...
- Add an optional Bluetooth phone and streaming music kit
- Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
- Not always compatible with remote factory CD changer (See DETAILS)
- Not always compatible with factory satellite radio (See DETAILS)
- Compatible with or without factory Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) DVD system
- Compatible with or without factory navigation radio
- Non-navigation radios must have SAT/AUX, XM/AUX or AUX button
- Your vehicle must also appear on the Application List below
- 1 year manufacturer limited warranty
- We're an authorized Grom Audio dealer (Ensures you get a valid warranty.)
- Grom part number IPD4-HON1 (aka HON1I4)
- Replaced IPD3-HON1 (aka AUX3-HON1 or HON1A3)
This interface by Grom Audio is a state of the art product that allows you to directly connect your device through the auxiliary input port (normally used for CD Changers and/or satellite radio) of your factory radio. (See more details below.) The cable that connects to your device is 3 feet long, so you'll have plenty of routing options.
If you have an Android
phone or tablet, you can use this interface to play music from it through the car radio. Song title, artist and album will display on the radio. You will also have some limited controls from the radio and/or the steering wheel controls. In addition, it will charge the device. You will have to download the free AALinQ App from the Google Play App Market to utilize this feature. You will also need a USB cable to connect the phone to the interface. PLEASE NOTE: this is for playback of music only. Calling features are not supported unless you purchase the Bluetooth kit that is optional. We HIGHLY recommend you visit the manufacturer's website if you have questions regarding the Android interface features.
If you have an Apple
iPod or iPhone, you can use this interface to play music from it through the car radio. You will also have some limited controls from the radio and/or the steering wheel controls. In addition, it will charge the device. You will need the OEM Apple USB cable to connect your Apple product to the interface. PLEASE NOTE: this is for playback of music only. Calling features are not supported unless you purchase the Bluetooth kit that is optional. We HIGHLY recommend you visit the manufacturer's website if you have questions regarding iPod interface features.
This product is capable of working in remote CD Changer or satellite mode, making it compatible in a greater variety of vehicles. As delivered, it typically operates in satellite mode. Your radio must have a SAT/AUX, XM/AUX or AUX button AND be on the Application or Compatibility List in this ad. Use of a given mode will require disconnection of a factory device using that same mode. For instance, if your radio does not have satellite capability but does have remote CD changer control capability, you can use this product but your remote CD changer (separate from the radio) would have to be disconnected, if so equipped. Likewise, if your radio does not have remote CD changer controls but does have satellite capability, this will work in satellite mode but would require disconnection of your factory satellite system, if so equipped. It should be noted that there will be no text or numerical display if this device is used in CD Changer mode. Also of note: changing the mode of operation from the delivered mode will require a firmware update from the gromaudio website. We recommend you contact tech support for the manufacturer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the gromaudio.com website to determine exactly how it's going to function in your vehicle with your options.
OPTIONAL CABLE INFORMATION
Unlike some competitor's products, this interface includes TWO extra input ports so you
can add up to two other devices with the use of additional, optional cables. These cables are available as upgrades at the bottom of this ad.
We recommend you visit the gromaudio website (and/or contact tech support) to determine exactly how it's going to function in your vehicle with your options.
- If you purchase the Bluetooth kit (available in the UPGRADES section below), you can connect a Bluetooth enabled cell phone (iPhone, Android or regular) that supports HFP (Hands Free Profiles) and listen to the conversation over your car speakers, while speaking through the microphone that comes with the Bluetooth kit. You can also use it to stream music from your phone wirelessly if your phone supports A2DP. What's more, you can control the music on your phone from your radio and/or steering wheel controls using AVRCP wireless audio controls. The Bluetooth kit is specific to the Grom interface, so you do have to buy the Grom version if you want Bluetooth.
- If you purchase the optional GA35CBL (available in the UPGRADES section below), you can add any external device that has audio output in the form of a 3.5mm stereo-mini headphone jack. (This includes, but is not limited
to: mp3 players, satellite radio, CD changers, DVD players, video game
systems, etc). This will allow you to listen to the output from that
device through your car speakers. The Aux cable has a proprietary Grom connector on the end that plugs into the interface, so you do need to use the Grom cable if you wish to add add Aux.
Included with this package:
Optional items (not included, but available in UPGRADES section below):
- IPD4 Interface module (GROM-IPD4 from picture above)
- USB extension cable for connection of your OEM cable (USB Cable from above)
- Harness to connect interface to factory radio ('Vehicle Cable' from diagram above)
- Operation and connection manual
- Cable to connect an aux audio source to interface module via 3.5 headphone or RCA (GA35CBL)
- Bluetooth Extension Dongle Kit (GA-BTD)
Compatible with the following Apple products (with your Apple USB cable):
- Accord 2003-2012
- Civic 2006-2012
- CRV 2004-2012
- Fit 2006-2012
- Odyssey 2005-2012
- Pilot 2006-2012
- S2000 2005-2012
- Element 2003-2012
- Ridgeline 2006-2012
Grom has several products with similar features. This
listing is for their IPD4. See the following chart for a comparison of
features. Please note: items listed as optional are not included in
this listing unless specifically indicated elsewhere in this ad.
Optional does not mean they can be added at no cost. Optional items
are extra-cost items. (Unless specifically listed as being included
elsewhere in this ad.)