- Standard Chrysler green-blue display color.
- NOT compatible with Infinity or Infinity Gold sound systems (model 874D is)
- NOT compatible with steering wheel audio controls (model 874D is)
- Auto-reverse cassete mechanism.
- Does not have CD changer controls. (None of the CD players did.)
- Plays standard audio format CDs ^^
- Tested at our facility
- Good condition
- 90 day warranty
SWC refers to the Steering Wheel Control plug. This radio does not have it. The connection for Infinity amplifiers is also in the SWC plug. That's why this version is not compatible in Infinity-equipped vehicles. If you have an Infinity system, you need to buy the version with SWC (our model number 874D), even if you don't have steering wheel audio controls.
This radio is a plug and play replacement in all the vehicles listed below, as long as you don't have an Infinity system. Even if you don't have CD today. (The version that is required for Infinity-equipped vehicles works in Infinity AND
non-Infinity equipped vehicles so it is an acceptable substitution if this version shows Out of Stock after you add it to your cart.)
- Chrysler Concorde: 1994-1997* ^
- Chrysler Fifth Avenue: 1988-1991*
- Chrysler Imperial: 1992-1993*
- Chrysler Laser: 1986*
- Chrysler Lebaron: 1986-1994*
- Chrysler LHS: 1994-1997*
- Chrysler New Yorker: 1988-1995*
- Chrysler Town and Country: 1986-2000*
- Dodge 600: 1986*
- Dodge Aries: 1986-1989*
- Dodge Caravan: 1986-2000*
- Dodge Charger: 1987*
- Dodge Dakota: 1987-2000*
- Dodge Daytona: 1986-1989*
- Dodge Diplomat: 1989*
- Dodge Durango: 1998-2000
- Dodge Dynasty: 1989-1993*
- Dodge Grand Caravan: 1986-2000*
- Dodge Intrepid: 1993-1997* ^
- Dodge Neon: 1995-1999*
- Dodge Omni: 1986-1990*
- Dodge Ram Truck 1500: 1986-2001*
- Dodge Ram Truck 2500: 1986-2002*
- Dodge Ram Truck 3500: 1986-2002*
- Dodge Ram Van: 1986-2002*
- Dodge Ramcharger: 1987-1990*
- Dodge Shadow: 1987-1994*
- Dodge Spirit: 1989-1994*
- Eagle Vision: 1993-1997* ^
- Jeep Cherokee: 1997-2001
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: 1996-1998
- Jeep Wrangler: 1997-2002
- Plymouth Acclaim: 1989-1994*
- Plymouth Grand Voyager: 1986-2000*
- Plymouth Horizon: 1986-1990*
- Plymouth Reliant: 1986-1989*
- Plymouth Sundance: 1987-1994*
- Plymouth Voyager: 1986-2000*
*If you were to look in the owners manual for years with the *, you would find that this exact radio was not originally offered until around 1996, for some vehicles. However, it is a direct replacement and is fully functional in all vehicles listed (unless excluded by another note) because it has the same plugs and mounting brackets. This is a great way to upgrade your older Chrysler vehicle.
^ Some of the 1993 thru 1996 Dodge Intrepid, Eagle Vision and Chrysler Concorde vehicles had interference problems at the back of the opening that prevent the plugs from being plugged in, since they are in a different location. These are up and down on the far right side (when looking at the radio from the back). Please make sure you have at least 5 3/4 inches of depth 1 inch up on the left side of the opening (starting from the dash) if you have one of the years in question. (See the picture below for a view of the back of the radio.)
** Infinity or Infinity Gold systems prior to 1995 may not be compatible with this radio.
^^ This unit did play CDRs in our tests but we use high quality (name-brand) CDRs that were burnt with quality recording software. Please note that many older CD players have trouble playing CDRs that are cheap off-brands or have colored coatings (purple, red, pink, etc). Consequently CDR playback is not guaranteed but you should be able to find brands that work for you. As noted, CDR playback was confirmed in our tests.
This will work with in other Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/Jeep models all the
way back into the 80s. If your mounting brackets are in the same location as this one, it will work for you.