This item has been marked as SOLD OUT. This usually means we can no longer get it and/or it was discontinued. We do not expect it to be available again any time soon, if at all. If it comes back in stock unexpectedly, we will update the site. If you select the Notify option in the right column, you will receive an email if and when this happens. However, radio 4L2T-18C815-AE, which is also on our site, can be used as a direct plug and play replacement. It is just the US tuner version.
- New take-out
- Perfect condition
- Many still have the protective plastic on the lens
- Pioneer Audiophile sound system compatible only
- Standard Ford greenish display
- Plays standard audio format CDs and CDRs
- Does have the Audiophile subwoofer plug
- Is not satellite capable
- Has a non-US AM/FM tuner
- Can still be used in the US
- See DETAILS below
- Special Sport/Sport Trac platinum color
- 90 day warranty
- Engineering (part) number:
- 4L2T or 5L2T-18C815-BA thru BF
- Quantities are EXTREMELY limited
This was manufactured for vehicles outside the US. As a result, the radio tuner goes up in different increments. The FM tuner goes up in increments of 1 instead of 2, so that's not a problem. But the AM tuner goes up in increments of 9 instead of 10. This can make it difficult to receive some AM stations. If you're a heavy AM user, we recommend not purchasing this radio.
Since this was not manufactured for the US, this does not support satellite radio. If you have satellite radio now or you are thinking of adding it, we recommend not purchasing this radio.
This radio will work in the following applications with
the PIONEER sound system and without
- 2004 Ford Explorer Sport **
- 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac **
- 2005 Ford Explorer Sport **
- 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac **
** These are soft-mount radios. They do not have brackets but, rather, clips that snap into place when you slide them in the radio opening. If you do not have two small holes at each side of the face on your existing PIONEER CD6 radio in an application above, this is NOT the right radio for you.