Features Summary: Ford CD Cassette Radio with CDC
- Does have the CD changer controls (CDC) for a remote changer (if applicable)
- Standard Ford greenish display.
- Plays standard audio format CDs and CDRs.
- Compatible with steering wheel controls (unless noted below)
- Does not have the subwoofer plug.
- Not compatible with the rear entertainment system (VES DVD)
- Auto-reverse cassette mechanism.
- Does not have RDS (Displayed text for stations that broadcast with RDS)
- Tested at our facility.
- Good condition
- 90 day warranty.
This radio is a direct replacement in the following applications (unless otherwise noted). Even if your current radio is not a CD player.
- Ford Club Wagon - 1998-2004
- Ford Crown Victoria ^^: 2003 - 2005
- Ford Escape ^^ - 2000-2003 and 2004-2007^^
- Ford Excursion - 2000-2003
- Ford Expedition ** - 1998-2002
- Ford Explorer ^ - 1998-2001
- Ford Explorer Sport Trac - 2001-2005
- Ford F150 ** (Including Supercrew) - 1998-2003 plus 2004 Heritage
- Ford F250 - 1999-2004
- Ford F350 - 1999-2004
- Ford Ranger^ ***- 1998-2011
- Ford E-Series Van (Fullsize) - 1998 - 2008
- Ford Windstar - 1999-2003
- Lincoln Navigator ** - 1998-2002
- Mazda B-Series Trucks ^ - 1998-2011
- Mercury Cougar - 2001-2002
- Mercury Grand Marquis ^^: 2003 - 2005
- Mercury Marauder: 2003 - 2004
- Mercury Mariner ^^ - 2005-2007
- Mercury Mountaineer ^ - 1998-2001
Additionally, if you have an early 1998 or older Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with a Double-DIN radio and side clips, you might be able to make this radio work for you with an adapter (not included). If your current radio has two long (@2") plugs that are roughly 1/2" wide, this adapter makes the radio plug and play for you. It is part number FWA-T8WP on our site. It is under Wiring>>Ford>>Adapters.
*They changed the plug styles mid-year 1998. If you've got a 98, make sure yours has the same plugs as this one does. (See picture.) If not, you may need the adapter too.
**Some of the vehicles marked with ** may have some inner dash plastic that keeps the radio from sliding in all the way. This is not structural and can be easily removed with a dremel or other small cutting tool.
*** This is not compatible with steering wheel controls in the 2004 and newer Ranger and B-Series trucks.
^ Some 1998-2000 Rangers, Explorers, Moutaineers and B-Series trucks have the Premium Sound system, which has different plugs. If you've got one of these vehicles of that vintage, please make sure yours has the right plugs before ordering.
^^ Some of the vehicles marked with this symbol had different plugs. If you've got one of these vehicles, make sure yours has these plugs BEFORE ordering.
The 2002 and newer Explorers and Mountaineers have a different mounting system. They use bolt-on brackets at the bottom of the unit. If your current radio does NOT have two small holes at each side on the front of the radio, this radio is NOT the right one for you. Yours has the bottom brackets.