Features Summary: Ford CD6 Radio 5L8T-18C815-ED
- Factory authorized remanufactured to like new condition
- Built-in CD6 changer
- Integrated AM/FM tuner
- Built-in clock
- Plays standard audio format CDs and CDRs.
- Does not have the subwoofer plug.
- Does not have rear video system capability
- Does not have remote (separate from radio) changer controls
- Is not satellite capable
- Like new condition
- 90 day functional defect warranty (See more info below)
- Ford part number 5L8T-18C815-ED (Interchanges with EC, EB and EA too.)
This radio was offered in the Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner but it is an acceptable replacement in the following applications (unless otherwise noted), as long as you don't have some sort of premium sound system. Even if your current radio is not a CD player. Please be aware that it has not been tested with steering wheel controls, so there is a possibility those won't work in all vehicles. Returns are not accepted for any reason other than functional defect and, even then, your only option will be to exchange for the exact same model. No refunds, credits, trades, upgrade, downgrades, etc.
- Ford Club Wagon - 1998-2004
- Ford Crown Victoria ^^: 2003 - 2005
- Ford E-Series Van - 1998-2008
- Ford Econoline - 1998-2004
- Ford Escape^^ - 2000-2003 and 2004-2007^^
- Ford Excursion - 2000-2003
- Ford Expedition** - 1998-2002
- Ford Explorer^ - 1998-2001
- Ford Explorer Sport Trac - 2001-2005
- Ford F150** (Including Supercrew) - 1998-2003 plus 2004 Heritage
- Ford F250 - 1999-2004
- Ford F350 - 1999-2004
- Ford Ranger^ - 1998-2008
- Ford Windstar - 1999-2003
- Lincoln Navigator** - 1998-2002
- Mazda B-Series Trucks^ - 1998-2008
- Mercury Cougar - 1999-2002
- Mercury Grand Marquis ^^: 2003 - 2005
- Mercury Marauder^^: 2003 - 2004
- Mercury Mariner^^: 2005-2007
- Mercury Mountaineer^ - 1998-2001
Additionally, if you have a 1997 or older Ford/Lincoln/Mercury with a Double-DIN radio and side clips, you might be able to make this radio work for you with an adapter (not included). If your current radio has two long (@2") plugs that are roughly 1/2" wide, this adapter makes the radio plug and play for you. It is part FWA-T8WP in the Wiring>>Ford>>Adapters category on our site. Make sure you have the full-height opening (@4") all the way to the back of the radio bay, as some radio bays drop down to @2" a few inches into the bay. Again, this paragraph applies to some 1997 and older Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles.
*They changed the plug styles mid-year 1998. If you've got a 98, make sure yours has the same plugs as this one does. (See picture.) If not, you may need the adapter too.
**Some of the vehicles marked with ** may have some inner dash plastic that keeps the radio from sliding in all the way. This is not structural and can be easily removed with a dremel or other small cutting tool.
^ Some 1998-2000 Rangers, Explorers, Moutaineers and B-Series trucks have the Premium Sound system, which has different plugs. If you've got one of these vehicles of that vintage, please make sure yours has the right plugs before ordering.
^^ Some of the vehicles marked with this symbol had different plugs. If you've got one of these vehicles, make sure yours has these plugs before ordering.
The 2002 and newer Explorers and Mountaineers have a different mounting system. They use bolt-on brackets at the bottom of the unit. If your current radio does NOT have two small holes at each side on the front of the radio, this radio is NOT the right one for you. Yours has the bottom brackets.