- BRAND NEW Factory (OEM) GM Delco CD drive
- Works on many GM am/fm/CD radios from @ 2002-2003
- Looks EXACTLY like the one pictured
- Except it doesn't have the yellow sticker on it
- Offered mainly in cars and minivans
- Verify the top of your drive looks like this BEFORE ordering
- A GREAT way to replace a CD drive that has went bad on you.
- NOT compatible with the CD6 radio
- am/fm radio with built-in 6 CD changer
- Not compatible with navigation radios
- Not compatible with MP3 radios
- Plays standard audio format CDs and CDRs only (Not MP3s)
- Fully compatible with BOSE or non-BOSE radios
- Will NOT trigger the THEFTLOCK system
- Plug your radio back in and go.
- Has NEVER been in a vehicle!!
- Will require removal of your radio from the vehicle
- Do not attempt with radio connected
- 6 month warranty
- Quantities are very limited
This drive should work in many 2002-2003 GM cars. (We have used it in some LeSabre and Bonneville radios. here.) It is NOT the drive used in fullsize trucks, SUVs or vans. If in doubt, do yourself a favor and pop the top off the radio so you can make sure the top of the drive looks like the one pictured below because returns are not accepted for any reason other than functional defect and, even then, an exchange for the exact same model will be your only option.
A similar drive was used in non-GM vehicles. Just because it looks the same from the top doesn't mean it's the same. This is NOT guaranteed to work if you don't have a GM vehicle.
In rare instances, you may find that replacing the drive does not solve your problem. Occasionally one of the boards is bad inside the radio and, if this is the case, replacing the drive will not change anything. This is very rare but we have seen it a couple times.
Assembly is fairly easy but we do not include written instructions. You shouldn't be performing this repair if you're not qualified. Most radios need dis-assembled in a certain order to keep from damaging other components.
Do not attempt this repair with the radio still plugged in!