- BRAND NEW Factory (OEM) GM Delco CD drive
- Works ONLY on am/fm/CD MP3 radios that look like the one pictured
- Installation instructions are included
- Looks EXACTLY like the one pictured. (You get what you see.)
- This is the truck, van and SUV drive. The car and minivan drives are different.
- A GREAT way to replace a CD MP3 drive that has went bad on you.
- NOT compatible with the CD6 radio (am/fm radio with built-in 6 CD changer)
- NOT compatible with the CD or CD/Cass radios
- Not compatible with navigation radios
- Plays standard audio format CDs and CDRs
- Plays MP3 audio format CDRs
- Will NOT trigger the THEFTLOCK system (Plug your radio back in and go.)
- Has NEVER been in a vehicle!!
- Will require removal of your radio from the vehicle (Do not attempt with radio connected)
- 6 month warranty
This drive should work in most 2005-2008 GM trucks, vans and SUVs that have MP3 radios like the one pictured
Assembly is fairly easy and we do include written instructions. You will need to remove the bracket from the back of your defective drive and swap it to the new one. This is VERY easy, as it's just two 3/16 hex screws. You will also need to swap the board from the bottom of the drive. Also very easy. Just a couple quick-disconnect cables and a few phillips screws.
In rare instances, you may find that replacing the drive does not solve your problem. Occasionally one of the boards is bad inside the radio or the control board on the bottom of the drive is defective and, if this is the case, replacing the drive will not change anything. This is very rare but we have seen it a few times.
Do not attempt this repair with the radio still plugged in!
Radio not included. This is the type of radio this DRIVE is used in.