- Theftlock is deactivated. (No expensive trip to the dealer.)
- Has the auxilliary plug for a remote cassette unit.
- Compatible with steering wheel controls, unless noted.
- Standard Pontiac red-orange display. (The only color offered.)
- Plays CDRs.
- 7 band EQ for customizable sound.
- Standard 21-pin GM plug. (Usually only has 20 pins.)
- Tested at our facility.
- Remanufactured to like new condition.
- 120 day warranty.
- Quantities are EXTREMELY limited
It is guaranteed to work in the following vehicles with the standard sound system without ANY modifications, unless otherwise noted. This is regardless of whether your car currently has a CD player or not:
- Bonneville: 1992-1993 **
- Bonneville: 1994-1999
- Firebird (including Trans Am): 1994-2002 ^
- Grand Prix: 1994-2003
- Sunfire: 1994-1999
- Grand Am: 1996-2000
- Trans Sport: 1997-1999 *
- Montana: 1997-1999 *
* It will also fit vehicles with a * but you may have to shave off a small
plastic mounting tab on the dash because of a SLIGHT variation in the
mounting, as well as elongate a couple mounting holes on the radio brackets. This is VERY easy to do with a razor blade and a hole file.
** For those years marked with a **, if you have steering wheel controls, this unit requires a different plug that you will have to splice into your harness to replace your existing SWC plug. We can provide it. Email us with questions.
^ This does not power all the speakers in Firebirds/TAs with more than 4 speakers.
It should also fit in some 1989-1993 Pontiacs, as well as many other
GM models from 1989-1994, without any kind of wiring adapters. However, you may need to fashion your own mounts or drill holes in your dash behind the trim. This is only for applications not on the list.
If you have a Pontiac from 1982-1988, you can add a wiring harness and antenna adapter that will allow you to use it in your vehicle too. For example, it is GUARANTEED to fit in the 1984-1988 Fiero with these adapters.
This does NOT have the fully active auxiliary input so it will NOT control a factory CD changer or any other device except the factory remote cassette.