- Brand new in the retail packages
- Control SiriusXM from the car radio (No ugly dash-mounted tuners with this package!!)
- Displays SiriusXM text (song and artist) on satellite-capable radios *
- Hundreds of dollars less than a factory satellite kit!
- Direct connection (No FM modulator or cassette adapter required)
- Store up to 18 station presets (for applications using SAT emulation from list below)
- Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
- Compatible with most JBL and navigation systems (See Application List)
- Compatible with or without Rear Seat Entertainment DVD system
- Compatible with or without factory CD changer
- Compatible with satellite ready radios ONLY (See details below)
- Not compatible with radios with satellite tuner built in
- Not compatible with all 2014 RAV4 and Camry models**
- Super small antenna (@1" x 1" x .5") with magnetic base & 20ft cable
- Small tuner (@3" x 2" x .5") can be hidden under dash easily
- Assembly and operation manuals are included
- Replaced the SL3S and SL3X models (Sirius & XM have merged into one service)
- Vais components have a 1 year warranty
- Sirius XM components have a 90 day warranty
- Adapter available to utilize factory-installed shark-fin antenna (see below)
This package will allow you to listen to and control all 175+ channels of SiriusXM satellite radio directly through your factory radio. (See the application list below.) It can receive the Select or Premier programming. (Additional subscription fees apply for Premier.) It displays the same type of information (station #, song title, artist name, etc) as the factory satellite kits, yet it costs less. The vehicle-specific cabling DOES include a T-harness that will allow you to retain factory options, if so equipped.
Unlike external tuners that clutter up your dash and attract thieves, this interface allows control of SiriusXM satellite radio through your existing factory radio. It is also directly connected to the factory radio via the auxiliary input port on the back. That means you don't have to rely on the poor performance of an FM modulater or cassette adaptor. (Removal of the radio will be required for installation. We have instructions for some vehicles. Please ask WITH your order and we will include them if we can.)
An optional antenna adapter that allows use of the factory external shark-fin antenna (if so equipped) is available. See the Antenna Options drop-down box towards the bottom of this listing for current pricing and vehicle compatibility.
* The SL3sat interface is programmed for satellite (SAT) emulation mode by default but is also capable of CD Changer (CD) or MiniDisc (MD) modes. For satellite ready radios and radios with CD or MD text capability, text is displayed on the radio LCD or navigation screen, if so equipped. (Check Application List for complete details.) Up to 16 characters are displayed for both Artist and Song Title.
The SL3sat model replaced the SL3S and SL3X models. Sirius and XM have merged into one company and this is their new combined service. Older Sirius and XM tuners are being discontinued. It is possible XM-specific and Sirius-specific programming will be done away with or made more expensive in the future as an incentive to switch to SiriusXM. Don't get caught with an old tuner that is limited or locks you into higher pricing. These new SiriusXM tuners are capable of getting all the normal channels that used to be on XM/Sirius, as well as all the premium channels that used to be Sirius or XM specific. (Additional subscription fees apply for premium programming.)
Please email us if you require more information.
Included with this package:
- SXV300 SiriusXM tuner and antenna kit - New
- New VAIS SoundLinQ3 SL3sat Sirius interface
- New cable (w/ T-harness) to connect interface to factory radio
- All other necessary cabling
This kit will not work for some 2014 Camry and RAV4 applications. Please see the notes below the application list if you have one of those two models. This will also not work with 2009+ radios that have a satellite tuner built in. If your 2009+ radio has an XM logo on the face, you have a satellite tuner built in and you cannot use this system.
N/A = Not Available for use with the radio/vehicle combination listed
SAT = Utilizes satellite mode for the radio/vehicle combination listed
Additional applications/notes from manufacturer:
- 2005+ Highlander radio must have AM/SAT button to ensure compatibility
- N/A = Not Available for use with the radio/vehicle combination listed
- SAT = Utilizes satellite mode for the radio/vehicle combination listed
**Unfortunately Toyota changed their radios mid-year in Camry and RAV4 in 2014. There doesn't appear to be a guaranteed way to tell if you have a 2014 or a 2014.5. As a general
guideline, if you have a 2014 Camry or RAV4, you need to check your build date. (This is usually found on a sticker on one of the door jambs.) If your build date is before 1/1/2014, it is considered a 2014 and this is probably
the kit you need. If yours was built after 1/1/2014, you probably
need the GSR-001-SXV200 kit instead. Please take great care when installing your kit if you have a 2014 Camry or RAV4. If you find you need to exchange it, it (and the packaging) will still need to be in perfect condition.
4Runner, Avalon, Camry, Corolla, FJ Cruiser, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Matrix, Prius, RAV4, Sequoia, Sienna, Solara, Tacoma, Tundra, Venza, Yaris, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
You can add a shark-fin antenna adapter below, if you so choose. If you are unsure which adapter will work for your vehicle and want to purchase them both, there is an option for that too. Once you determine which one you need, you can return the other for a refund of $35. This is handy if you don't want to risk getting the wrong version and having to take your car apart a second time, after you receive the other version. Please note that the shark-fin adapter does not work for the Prius. At 12 feet, it is also too short for some vehicles, like the Sienna, so you might have to purchase an SMB extension if it is not long enough for your application.