- Brand new in the retail packages
- Control SiriusXM from the car radio (No ugly dash-mounted tuners with this package!!)
- Displays SiriusXM text (song and artist) on satellite-capable radios *
- Hundreds of dollars less than a factory satellite kit!
- Compatible with or without factory steering wheel controls
- Compatible with or without JBL
- Compatible with or without navigation system
- Compatible with or without Rear Seat Entertainment DVD system
- Compatible with or without factory CD changer
- Compatible with satellite ready radios ONLY
- Vehicle must be on the Application List below
- Not compatible with all 2014 models (See notes in Application List below)
- Your vehicle must have factory USB port
- Your steering wheel controls must have a MODE button
- Super small antenna (@1.5" x 1.5" x .5") with magnetic base & 20ft cable
- Assembly and operation manuals are included
- Vais components have a 1 year warranty
- Sirius XM components have a 90 day warranty
This package will allow you to listen to and control all 175+ channels of SiriusXM satellite radio directly through your factory radio. (See the application list below.) It can receive the Select or Premier programming. (Additional subscription fees apply for Premier.) It displays the same type of information (station #, song title, artist name, etc) as the factory satellite kits, yet it costs less.
Unlike external tuners that clutter up your dash and attract thieves, this interface allows control of SiriusXM satellite radio through your existing factory stereo. It is directly connected to the vehicle via plugs on the back of the radio. It connects with a T-harness, which allows you to retain factory options already connected to the back of the radio. Since it is directly connected, you don't have to rely on the poor performance of an FM modulator or cassette adapter.
How does this differ from their GSR-001 product?
The GSR-101 kit in this listing is designed to plug in behind the radio, where-as their GSR-001 kit plugs in the factory USB port on your dash (or in your console.) So you don't have to remove the radio to install their GSR-001 kit (as you would with the GSR-101) but you do have to tap into power and ground wires with that kit, which you don't have to do with this GSR-101. Finally, this GSR-101 kit costs a little more than the GSR-001 because of the additional T-harnesses that are included.
How's it installed? You pull your factory radio, remove a few plugs from the back, plug the included T-harness in line between the radio and the plugs you removed, connect the T-harnesses to the included GSR interface, plug the included USB adapters in behind the radio, plug the included SiriusXM tuner into the GSR interface and route the antenna. Everything but the antenna is mounted out of sight behind the dash.
Please email us if you require more information.
Included with this package
- New SXV300 SiriusXM tuner and antenna kit
- New VAIS GSR-101 interface
- T-harnesses to connect interface to factory radio
- All other necessary cabling
- Operation manual
This kit will not work for some 2014 Camry and RAV4 applications. Please see the notes below the application list if you have one of those two models. In the other vehicles listed, this GSR should work for all 2014 models. It is only 2014 Camry and RAV4 applications that could be a concern.
- Scion iM: 2016
- Scion tC: 2016
- Toyota 4Runner: 2014-2016
- Toyota 86: 2017
- Toyota Avalon: 2015
- Toyota C-HR: 2018
- Toyota Camry: 2014.5*-2017
- Toyota Corolla: 2014-2017
- Toyota Highlander: 2014-2017
- Toyota Matrix: 2014-2017
- Toyota Prius: 2015-2017
- Toyota RAV4: 2014.5*-2017
- Toyota Sienna: 2015-2016
- Toyota Tacoma: 2014-2017
- Toyota Tundra: 2014-2015
- Toyota Yaris: 2014-2017
*Unfortunately Toyota changed their radios mid-year in these models in 2014. There doesn't appear to be a guaranteed way to tell if you have a 2014 or a 2014.5. As a general
guideline, if you have a 2014 Camry or RAV4, you need to check your build date. (This is usually found on a sticker on one of the door jambs.) If your build date is after 1/1/2014, it is often considered a 2014.5 and this is probably
the kit you need. If yours was built before 1/1/2014, you probably
need the SL3SAT-SXV200 kit instead. Please take great care when installing your kit if you have a 2014 Camry or RAV4. If you find you need to exchange it, it (and the packaging) will still need to be in perfect condition.