- For manual climate control vehicles only
- Not compatible in vehicles with digital temperature control
- Does not include the climate control knobs pictured (You will re-use yours)
- Does not include climate control modules behind the knobs (You will re-use yours)
- Compatible with steering wheel controls.
- Standard Ford display color.
- Plays standard audio format CDs and CDRs.
- Has CD Changer controls (CDC)
- Good condition.
- 90 day warranty.
This radio is a direct replacement in the following vehicles (except as noted), even if you don't have a CD radio today:
- 2000 Ford Taurus*
- 2000 Mercury Sable*
- 2001 Ford Taurus
- 2001 Mercury Sable
- 2002 Ford Taurus
- 2002 Mercury Sable
- 2003 Ford Taurus
- 2003 Mercury Sable
- 2004 Ford Taurus^
- 2004 Mercury Sable^
- 2005 Ford Taurus^
- 2005 Mercury Sable^
*2000 models have a different plug on two of the control units. However, the control units from your existing factory radio can be swapped onto this one, which makes it fully functional in the 2000 model. It's a great way to get in-dash CD in a year that didn't originally come with it. There is just one screw securing one control unit and a few plastic tabs securing the other, so it is easy to do this swap, as many of our customers have found out.
^Many 2004 and newer models had a passenger 'airbag off' indicator on the radio that is not present on this unit. The radio itself will function fine in 2004 and newer models but you will lose that indicator and it might cause the airbag light to stay on in your dash. This is only an issue if you currently have this indicator built in to your radio in a 2004 or newer. If you do have this indicator, we strongly recommend the 2004 and newer model that we also sell in the Taurus and Sable listings.
As noted above, there are no climate control knobs or modules on this radio but the holes are there. You simply swap yours onto this with a small screwdriver and socket.